Top Ten Underrated Contemporary YA Books

5:47 PM Serena 2 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the wonderful humans at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is Top Ten Underrated Authors or Books in X genre. I chose contemporary books because they're my favorite. ;)

"Underrated" for me means that I liked the book a lot, and I've noticed that either A.) it's not as widely-known as I thought it would be, or B.) it's not as liked as I had thought it would be. If you haven't read any of these, I hope you decide to do so in the near or distant future!

In no particular order:
1. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
2. An Abundance of Katherine's by John Green
3. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
4. Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt


5. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
6. Magnolia by Kristi Cook
7. My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak 
8. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

 9. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
10. The Story of Us by Deb Caletti

Want to participate in Top Ten Tuesday? Go over to The Broke and the Bookish to find out how!

(Also, I've just realized how off my spacing is, and I'm working on fixing it!)




2 comments:

  1. I don't read nearly enough contemporary YA, so I appreciate the suggestions on your list. I'll definitely be looking for a few of these. Have you read John Green's other novels? I think Paper Towns is my favorite, but it's hard to choose. Abundance of Katherines is a great choice for a list of underrated contemporary YA--I don't see that one talked about nearly as much as his other books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I'm always happy to introduce people to new books. I've read all of John Green's novels with the exception of Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I think Looking for Alaska is my favorite, but you're right, it's definitely hard to choose! And yes, AoK seems to slip under everyone's radar, so I knew I had to include it in this list. Thanks for taking the time to check out this post :)

      Delete