Top New Series I Want to Start

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's theme is Top Ten New Series I Want to Start, 'new' being within the last two years or so. 


In no particular order, here are my top ten:


1. The Magisterium Series by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare: This is a fantasy series by two authors I adore, so even though I'm not really into middle grade books I want to read it. The first book, The Iron Trial, was released in September. 


2. The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson: The Kiss of Deception, which is the first book in this series, has been promoted like crazy since its release earlier this year, and I've heard so many good things about it. And it's a fantasy about a princess, and I'm all about that. 


3. The Superlatives by Jennifer Echols: I've been eyeing the first book, Biggest Flirts, that came out back in May because Jennifer Echols is awesome. This seems like a really fun contemporary series, so I'm excited to start it. 


4. The Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood: This series is a little bit older; Born Wicked was published back in 2012. The third book came out earlier this year, and tons of people on Twitter were buzzing about it. Plus it's a book about witches, and I haven't read a really good witch book since HP. 


5. The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater: The first book in this series, The Raven Boys, was published in July of 2013. I have heard literally nothing but good things about this series. Bloggers and people of the Twitter-verse are always singing the praises of the Raven boys, so I can't wait to meet them! Also, Maggie is awesome.


6. Alienated by Melissa Landers: I believe this is a duo-logy, and if you couldn't tell by the title, it's about aliens. I don't think there are nearly enough YA alien novels, so I was pretty excited to hear this existed. 


7. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard: I've heard great things about this series, too. It's a paranormal historical fiction about zombies with steampunk influences. STEAMPUNK. Heck YES. 


8. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: This is another series that I've heard tons and tons of great things about. Shadow and Bone is the first book and that came out in 2012 and the last book, Ruin and Rising, came out earlier this year. It had EVERYONE freaking out. Apparently, there's a supemegafoxyawesomehot bad boy named Darkling?? I will be reading this very soon. 


9. The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow: The first book in this series was published in February by Harlequin, and Harlequin has not steered me wrong yet. I also met the author last month at Orange County Children's Book festival last month (my event recap can be found here), and she's super sweet AND she pitched one of her characters as a Chuck Bass-type. How do you not read that? Another point for TSDS: it's a contemporary series. I can't resist those. 


10. Vengeance Trilogy by Andrew Galvin: The first book in this series is Salem's Vengeance, and as soon as I read the synopsis I knew I had to read it. It's about the Salem Witch Trials, and it sounds scary and creepy in the best ways. 


What are some series you can't wait to start? 

0 comments: