December/End of the Year Wrap-up!

10:17 PM Serena 0 Comments

(I'm now on Bloglovin': Follow my blog with Bloglovin! :D)

Hiya, friends! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! December is nearing its end, as is 2014, so this is going to be a regular monthly wrap-up with a mini all year wrap-up included also! 


December in Review! 

What did I read this month? 

Forgiven by Rachel Morgan 

My True Love Gave to Me by Various Authors (You can read my review here!)

All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

What If by A.J. Pine  

Boomerang by Noelle August 

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe 

Kiro's Emily by Abbi Glines 

Starstruck by Brenda Hiatt (You can read my review here!)

The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (You can read my review here!)

Make it Right by Megan Erickson 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer 

The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

What did I add to my shelves this month? FYI, the bulk of this is consists of Christmas presents. 

Make it Right by Megan Erickson (ebook, bought)

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (ebook, bought)


The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider (ebook, bought)


Between the Shadow and the Soul by Susanne Winnacker (ebook for review)

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver (ebook for review)

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (bought)

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (gifted by Teresa who is super awesome) 

Unhinged by A.G. Howard (gifted by Teresa)

Cinder by Marissa Meyer (gifted)

Golden by Jessi Kirby (gifted)

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover (gifted)

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard (gifted)

How to Love by Katie Cotugno (gifted)

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (gifted)

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (gifted)

Pivot Point by Kasie West (gifted)

Reboot by Amy Tintera (gifted)

The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (ARC, won)

The Only Thing to Fear by Caroline Tung Richmond (ARC, won)

Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter (won)

A Dark Inheritance by Chris d'Lacey (won)


My dad grabbed these at the BookOutlet Black Friday sale! So many books I've been dying to read!


I won these in a raffle at OCCBF back in Septemberish, but I just got them in the mail this week. I am so squealy about The Iron Trial! 
What am I reading right now? 

Unhinged by A.G. Howard

Pictures soo do not do it justice, but I still can't get over how gorgeous this book is!

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson 

My Bookish/Bloggish Year in Review! 

I completed by first ever Goodreads year-long challenge. I challenged myself to read 80 books this tear, and I managed to surpass that. 

Books read this year (including novellas): 105
Pages read this year: 31,234 
Longest book: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (725 pages) 


Another super amazing thing that I did this year was starting this blog and joining this wonderful blogging community! I started to talk to lots of authors and other bloggers/book lovers on Twitter, and it's truly been one of the happiest parts of my year. In other happy blog news, I got my first review copy request accepted by Edelweiss this week! I squealed really loudly/embarrassingly. 

Real Life hasn't treated me as nice as Book/Blog Life (though I did get a B on my chemistry final, which I thought was impossible), so I'm hoping that will improve in the new year. I hope 2015 is extra nice to you. Happy New Year! :)

How was 2014 for you? 

0 comments: