Serena Takes Ontario Teen Book Fest (+ giveaway!)
I wrote out a really in depth recap of the event that I was super excited to share with you guys, but Blogger ate it and I had a good cry over it. So I decided that this would be more of a photojournaly post. Hope you enjoy it and be sure to check out the giveaway at the end!
There were three wonderful keynote speeches in the morning. Claudia Gray talked about how NOT to be a writer. Aaron Hartzler talked about being the weird you want to see in the world and moved everyone to tears with his genuine speech. Shannon Messenger talked about reading in her childhood and teen years and finding her voice in both middle grade and young adult literature.
|Aaron giving his keynote.|
|The ladies of the Secrets and Lies panel!|
|I had to get a picture with Gretchen.|
Then we saw the Girls Gone Sci-Fi panel/official tour stop with Jessica Brody, Jessica Khoury, Melissa Landers, Lauren Miller, and Claudia Gray, again moderated by Ms. Gretchen McNeil. We saw a lot of each other yesterday, which was fine by me because I adore her. They talked about a lot of sci-fi awesomeness like Doctor Who, Star Trek, and Star Wars. Most of them, especially Jessica K. and Claudia Gray and minus Jessica B., are huge sci-fi nerds so it was really fun listening to them.
|The ladies of #GirlsGoneSciFi|
|My newly signed beauties!|
And now for the giveaway! I picked up lots of swag yesterday from some amazing authors, including a Girls Gone Sci-Fi poster signed by the authors, a bookplate signed by Jessica Brody, various bookmarks, and some chapter samplers. Enter with the rafflecopter below.
|One lucky winner will get all this stuff!|
1. US only! (so sorry, shipping is expensive!)
2. You must be 13 or older or have a parent's permission to enter.
3. No cheating please! Cheaters never win and winners never cheat and stuff. I'll be checking entries to make sure no one picks up entries for tasks they don't complete, so don't be that person.
4. You have to be comfortable with giving me your address (for shipping reasons, not creepy reasons).
5. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to the package once its been shipped. Sorry, it's out of my control after that!
Anyway, good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!