Top Ten All Time FAVORITE AuthorsAs always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors. This might end up being more than ten. We'll see!
In no particular order, here are my favorite authors.
1. J.K. Rowling - Of course Jo made the list. Harry Potter is my life, and I absolutely adore her writing style and her incredible world-building skills.
2. Morgan Matson - Morgan's books are some of my favorites ever. They're a perfect mix of absolute adorableness and seriousness when necessary. Also, her love for Taylor Swift makes me happy. She's awesome.
|It may seem like I am, but swearsies, I'm not stalking Morgan.|
4. Sarah Dessen - Some of the very first YA contemporaries I ever read were Sarah Dessen's. While I haven't loved all her books, she and her books will always hold a special place in my heart because of that.
5. Cassandra Clare - Cassie wrote two series that I absolutely love, and she's created characters that I'll cherish for a lifetime.
6. Sarah J. Maas - I cannot even when it comes to Sarah's words and her world-building and just GAH.
|Awkward, weird quality selfie with Sarah! Inside a Costco!|
8. Gayle Forman - I am a Gayle Forman newbie, but OMG, I adore her. This woman writes extremely powerful books with ALL THE FEELS.
9. Kasie West - Kasie's contemporaries are my go-to when I need a pick-me-up. They're just so darn cute and fun. I recently read her Pivot Point duology, and it solidified the fact that I will read anything and everything from her.
|I had the opportunity to meet Kasie last month, and I had such a huge fangirl moment.|
11. Leigh Bardugo - I am also a Leigh Bardugo newbie, and I'm kicking myself for not reading her Grisha trilogy sooner because it's AMAZING. Her world-building and her characters and just EVERYTHING WAS GOOD. But also everything hurt. Leigh is a superstar.
|Looks, it's me - mid-laugh and losing my chill - and Leigh - looking gorgeous and collected!|
that book, Jellicoe Road for those not already aware, is my favorite ever, I needed to put her on this list. Also, I need to read more of her books.
So that's it! Those are my favorite authors! I went a little bit over ten, whoops! Anyway, who are your faves? Lemme know in the comments or on Twitter!