If We Were Having Coffee... #1

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments


Last month, Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner wrote a post called If We Were Having Coffee, and I loved it. I loved it so much that I decided to do own of my own. So come chat with me about life things! 

If we were having coffee... I would not be drinking coffee, actually. If we were at Starbucks I'd have a double chocolate chip frap with extra caramel. If we were anywhere else I'd have tea, probably chai. I don't know, I'm just not a coffee person. 

If we were having coffee... I'd want to talk about my current reads and what I'm planning to read next. I'm reading an ARC of Megan Duke's Without Me, and I'm also reading A Midsummer Night's Dream for my English class. I plan to reread Jellicoe Road for the umpteenth time this weekend with Willa @ Willa's Ramblings. I also have tons of contemporaries stacked up on my "SOON" TBR pile, so I'm looking forward to those. I'd ask you what you're reading or what you want to be reading. 

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you that I love blogging and the blogging community because its brought me so much happiness in the past few months. But in the last couple weeks I've been struggling to balance my blogging with my schoolwork. School obviously takes priority, but I feel sad that I'm not posting as many reviews as I used to. I'd ask you how your classes are going. 

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you that I'm looking for my first ever job. And it's weird and frightening and wow, I'm going to have to adult soon? That's so crazy to me because it feels like just months ago that I started middle school, but no, it's been years. Whoa. I'd ask you for advice, ideas, or first job stories.   

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you how super excited I am for the summer. 1) No waking up at 6:30 for school (though my body probably won't let me sleep in anyway) 2) I have tickets to see 5SOS and Ed Sheeran for this summer, and I'm SOO pumped. I'll also *hopefully* have Taylor Swift tickets too. I'd ask about your summer plans. 

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you how hard this year has been. From family stuff to school stuff to me just feeling like I could stand to be a better person, it's been rough. So many UGH feelings. I'm trying to be the me I want to be, but I feel like I don't know quite who she is yet. I'd ask you for more advice. Or a hug, probably. 

If we were having coffee... I'd want to talk to you about Age of Ultron. Like, really very badly because OH MY WOW IT WAS GOOD. And the ending! GAH. *is exasperated* I'd ask if you've seen it and want to hear your thoughts if you had. If not, I'd shut up to avoid being spoilery. 

If we were having coffee, what would you want to talk about? Talk to me! Leave a comment, or shoot me a tweet, if you want. I want to hear about you! :)

0 comments: