Swoontastic Couples of YA: The Jonah and Taylor Edition

12:00 AM Serena 2 Comments

My good friend Andrew at Endlessly Reading started this meme called The Swoontastic Couples of YA to talk about swoony ships. I have many a ship, and I love talking about them. 

If you know me, you know that I love Jellicoe Road, and so, of course, I love to squeal about it whenever possible. So today I'm going to be talking about Jonah and Taylor, the couple in Jellicoe. 

Basically, reading about them turns me into Charlotte. 
There's so much to love about Jonah and Taylor. Their banter is off the charts. They have amazing chemistry, and there's so much tension between them at first that it builds the most incredible slow-burn romance. And even though they each have lists of personal issues miles long, they never try to fix each other. They're just there for each other, supporting each other. And I think that's my favorite thing. 
“If you weren't driving, I'd kiss you senseless," I tell him.He swerves to the side of the road and stops the car abruptly."Not driving any more.” - Taylor and Jonah, respectively
That's just a sample of the kind of brilliant, swoony banter you can expect from these two, a couple who has gone through so much together and would probably do it again. Their's is a love that, although not overstated, could withstand all of life's storms. I can picture Taylor and Jonah growing old together, actually (but maybe it's just the fangirl in me *makes sheepish face*). But seriously, their connection is strong, and there are very few couples I've rooted for as hard as I did for them. 

Jonah Griggs and Taylor Markham are one of my favorite literary couples of all time. If you haven't had the chance to meet them yet, I suggest you take a trip to the Jellicoe Road soon. ;)





2 comments:

  1. What a great meme! I could gush over my fave swoony couples for a looong time. LOL I've seen Jellicoe Road a lot but have never heard much about it.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same! I love talking about all things couples and romance (with fictional characters only though, haha). As you've probably already guessed, I super highly recommend Jellicoe Road. It is most excellent.

    ReplyDelete