End of Year Survey - 2015
The End of Year Survey is something Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner does that I thought would be a fun way to summarize my reading for the year, so here goes nothing! (All books are linked to Goodreads.)
Number of Books I Read: 115 (I REACHED MY GOODREADS GOAL, WHOO!)
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre I Read the Most From: Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Okay, so I can't do just one book, so I'm going to do my top five. Whoops?
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson / Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson / Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli / Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler / Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Kissing Ted Calahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
This snuck up on me in a good way. I loved it.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I pushed I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson EVERYWHERE. One of my best friends read it, and she loved it.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series I started: The Off Campus Series by Elle Kennedy (Book One - The Deal)
Best sequel: Split Second (Pivot Point #2) by Kasie West
Best series ender: Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
I don't usually read sci-fi, but this was great.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Eyes Turned Skyward by Rebecca Yarros
This was SO unputdownable. It was beautiful, and I finished it in one sitting.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Trust the Focus by Megan Erickson
I'm more likely to reread NA contemporaries than any other genre, but for some reason, I haven't gotten around to rereading this one this year.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Awakened by Sara Elizabeth Santana
|LOOK AT HOW COOL IT IS.|
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel from the Ms. Marvel series by G. Willow Wilson
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Such gorgeous prose. I have so much love for this book.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
This was not easy to read, but, man, did it make my think. I highly recommend it.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
This came out in 2011, and I just read it this year! I wish I'd read it earlier. SO GOOD.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
From Bounce by Noelle August:
"Music is where I belong. Music is my home. Music doesn't ever leave, or give up on you, or smack you around or treat you like someone else's dirty laundry. It doesn't want you to be better than you are. It doesn't make you feel forgotten, or unimportant, or ashamed. Music is all. It's everything. Home."
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: The Girl and the Machine by Beth Revis (26 pages, novella)
Longest: Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (496 pages)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Oh, man. I discovered SO many new blogs this year, since this is only my second year blogging. Here are a few of my favorite blogs:
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
My review of Under the Lights is probably my favorite review I wrote this year.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I adore my Pride Month post :)
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
YALLWEST was my favorite event of the year. Such an awesome festival!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
The coolest moment of this year, as a blogger and as a book-loving person in general, is that I've seen Morgan Matson at so many events this year that she knows me by name now. *squeals* She's awesome.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing blogging with school work has been such a challenge this year. I've been taking harder classes and worrying about tests and essays and other homework, so I haven't been able to post half as much as I would like to.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
The debut author spotlight on Liza Wiemer had the most views this year!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
The guest post Paula Stokes wrote about things she would pack with her on the run is something I wish more people saw because it's very interesting.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I love Authored Adornments Etsy shop! They make gorgeous book-themed jewelry.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed the Real Book challenge, but I unfortunately didn't complete my other two challenges. Whoops? *sheepish look*
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
OVER WINTER BREAK I WILL DEVOUR THIS THING. FINALLY.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
I've already said that I love Morgan. She's brilliant, and I want ALL of her words. All of them.
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Year We Fell Down by Emily Martin
I want many a 2016 debut, but this one is at the top of my list.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Score (Off Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy
I'm actually not sure if this is the last book or not, but I need it either way.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I hope to actually be able to blog next year, way more often than this year. I also hope to make it to more signings.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven't read any 2016 releases yet, but there are a few on my Kindle that I'm itching to read when I can find the time. :)
That's how my year in reading/blogging went. What were some of your favorite reads of the year? What books are you looking forward to in 2016? Let me know!