Backlist Broadcast: Illusions of Fate

12:00 AM Serena 4 Comments

Hello, all, and welcome to another edition of Backlist Broadcast. In case you missed the debut post, I started this feature to bring awareness back to books that have been out for awhile that don't get as much love as they used to. 

My pick for this post is Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White. 
About Illusions of Fate (September 9th, 2014): 
“I did my best to keep you from crossing paths with this world. And I shall do my best to protect you now that you have.”

Jessamin has been an outcast since she moved from her island home of Melei to the dreary country of Albion. Everything changes when she meets Finn, a gorgeous, enigmatic young lord who introduces her to the secret world of Albion’s nobility, a world that has everything Jessamin doesn’t—power, money, status…and magic. But Finn has secrets of his own, dangerous secrets that the vicious Lord Downpike will do anything to possess. Unless Jessamin, armed only with her wits and her determination, can stop him.

Kiersten White captured readers’ hearts with her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy and its effortless mix of magic and real-world teenage humor. She returns to that winning combination of wit, charm, and enchantment in Illusions of Fate, a sparkling and romantic new novel perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, The Madman’s Daughter, and Libba Bray. 

Kiersten, with my precious copy of IoF.
In the midst of all the epic, many-book fantasy series, there is Illusions of Fate, a precious little standalone that is one of the best fantasy novels I've ever read. Kiersten White weaves an amazing fantastical world with hilarious banter, a headstrong heroine, and a sweet romance, in less than 300 pages. It is so wonderfully written, and you can feel the magic in every page. If you haven't yet read this, I highly recommend that you pick it up soon.

Have you read Illusions of Fate? What did you think? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Illusions of Fate was crazy and beautiful and I loved it! I was able to go to the launch for it and I absolutely loved hearing Kiersten talk about it. I hadn't really read any of her books before I went to the launch (I was mostly there for Natalie Whipple), but Kierstan turned out to be one of my favorite authors because of this book. I thought the world-building was fantastic, the plot was pretty great and the characters shined. So glad you enjoyed it!

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #commenting365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm always happy to find fellow fans of this book because I feel like it gets swept under the rug because of bigger-name fantasies. And the characters do shine, don't they? That's a great way to put it. Thanks for stopping by, Eli!

      Delete
  2. Serena, what an awesome idea for a post series! It's so easy in the book blogging community to get caught up in new releases that I often forget about the backlist novels I've been meaning to read. I've only read one book by Kierstan White, but perhaps Illusions of Fate should be my second! :)

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you so much for stopping by and checking it out! I'm a little biased, but I do think Illusions of Fate should be your next Kiersten read as well :)

      Delete