Serena Takes The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: A Photojournal

2:51 PM Serena 0 Comments

This weekend was something of a dream come true for me because I got to visit Hogwarts. Kind of. I got tickets into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Hollywood that doesn't open officially until April 7th, and it was absolutely incredible. So I thought I'd share some photos with you guys and give you a little virtual tour of the park. 


This is the view right when you walk under the arch that says "Respect the spell limits" into the actual Wizarding World of Harry Potter. You can just feel the magic and the change in the air when you walk through. I cried.  
The street is part Hogsmeade part Diagon Alley. Honeydukes and Zonko's are connecting stores, and I loved them.  
Rows and rows of wands at Ollivander's. Inside, you can see a demonstration of a wand choosing a wizard. 
Hogwarts in all it's glory. 
In line for the ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, you walk through Hogwarts. Here's the Fat Lady portrait from the Gryffindor common room. 
The Sorting Hat goes over the ride rules before you board you "enchanted bench". 
Inside the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, also a view from the ride line. 
A bit of the decor inside of The Three Broomsticks, where we had dinner. Really yummy food! 
Butterbeer is SO GOOD, FRIENDS. The left is the regular chilled kind, and the right is the frozen kind. I personally liked the frozen kind better. 
The Hogwarts' Express! There's a conductor in front who answers questions and takes photos with visitors. 
Hogwarts by night. 
It was a truly magical visit. The whole atmosphere of the park really does feel like something out of J.K. Rowling's world. Workers walk around in costume, patron walk around flicking wands everywhere, and everyone is just so happy. I had the best time. I can't wait to go back again soon. 

Have you been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in California or in Florida? Did you love it? Or are you hoping for a trip soon? Let me know! 


0 comments: