Backlist Broadcast: Better off Friends

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments

Backlist Broadcast is an original feature here at Reading Over Sleeping that is used to bring awareness back to books that have been out for awhile that don't get as much love as they used to. 

For this post, I'm highlighting Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg.

About Better off Friends (February 25th, 2014): 

For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?
  


I bought this at a Scholastic Warehouse Sale ages ago, and like so many of my books, it sat on my shelf for many moons before I got around to reading it, but oh my GOODNESS, once I got around to reading it, it was a one-sitting read for me because it was just so dang cute. I LOVE the friends to more trope, so I ate this up. I especially liked the bantering commentary between chapters and the fact that this takes place over the course of a few years instead of the standard few months or even days. Macallan and Levi are adorable. If you're ever in the mood for a cute, quick contemporary, check this out!

Have you read Better off Friends? Let me know what you thought!




0 comments: