24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Mid-Event Survey + The End
I decide to add my event recap post onto my mid-event survey, which is still down below if you'd like to take a look at it.
Anyway, Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon for October 18th is officially over! It actually ended at 5 am PST, but I was asleep, oops. I had to quit at about hour 20 because I was all burnt out. But I did manage to get lots of reading down before I called it quits.
I read Illusions of Fates which is absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend it. Lots of fun banter and FINN. Oh, Finn. *swoons* *dies* *cries* He's wonderful, and I want him. My love for Finn aside, I also finally finished (I had put it off for a while) The Boys of Summer by C.J. Duggan. It was alright, but not as great as I thought it would be. I read a couple stories in the Sweet Christmas Kisses anthology as well.
My first 24 hour read-a-thon was awesome! I read four books in about 16 hours, the most I've been able to read in a long time. I'm also a full 11 books ahead of my Goodreads challenge now. Yay! This was tons of fun, and I'm looking forward to hopefully doing it again in April!
Also, a HUGE thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this event run smoothly. You're all wonderful. :)
Here's my mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now? I'm starting Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White!
Look at how pretty this cover is! I'm kind of obsessed.
2. How many books have you read so far? One and a half because I'd been reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and finally finished that today and read The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith. I very much enjoyed both of them.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-Thon? I actually can't wait to start Illusions of Fate!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I haven't had any interruptions really, but I have taken breaks. Bathroom breaks, food breaks, it's-time-to-brew-myself-another-cup-of-tea breaks. Only necessary things. :)
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-Thon, so far? I don't think I realized going into this just how many people are participating. There are so many people! It's so cool!
Time for more reading! To my fellow participants, good luck and hope you're all having fun!