Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!

5:00 AM Serena 0 Comments


I'm taking part in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon today! Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is a twenty four hour period of reading and blogging, tweeting, Goodreads-ing, etc. about what we're reading. It was started in 2007 by Dewey, who passed away in 2008 and who the Readathon was later renamed to honor. There are two a year: one in April and one in October, and lots of fun stuff goes on while the Readathon is in session. There are cheerleaders to encourage while you're reading, prizes throughout the day, and tons of people to talk to from all around the world. 

For more information about the event/sign ups (I think you can sign up all year.), visit http://24hourreadathon.com/

I'm really excited about this because 1.) I've never done anything like this before and 2.) I haven't had time to just sit down and read as much as I would like to because school has taken over my life. This allows me to set aside time for me, myself, and my books which is totally awesome. I don't have a set goal for the Readathon; I've just decided to relax and read what I can. 

If you want updates on what I'm reading, I'll be posting on my Twitter and Goodreads all day. I'll have a recap post up later this weekend, and I might even have a post in the middle of the Readathon. Come check it out! Also, if you're participating and would like a cheerleader (though I'm not technically an official one), I'm your gal! Let's be friends. :)


0 comments: