Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments

As always, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly featured hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I am SO excited about this week's topic, guys! It issss...Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.)

Now, these aren't long, profound paragraphs preaching inspiration. They're all short sentences that I've carried around in my heart for when life is rough. I'd love to hear your quotes either in the comments or on Twitter. :)


“You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared."
- Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

“Quick, make a wish.
Take a (second or third or fourth) chance.
Remake the world.” 
-Jandy Nelson, I'll Give You the Sun

"Time to carpe the hell out of this diem."
-Alex Bracken, The Darkest Minds

“Oscar Wilde once said that to live is the rarest thing in the world, because most people just exist, and that’s all. I don’t know if he’s right, but I do know that I spend a long time existing, and now, I intend to live.”
-Robyn Schneider, The Beginning of Everything

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

"And maybe people were like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered."
-Heather Demetrios, I'll Meet You There

"He's a warrior. If you make him believe he's less now, he'll never know he can be more."
-Leigh Bardugo, Ruin and Rising

“If I want more, I need to go and get it, demand it, take hold of it with all my might, and do the best I can with it.” 
-Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road

“But what I realize, here, now, is that it's not actually making the choice that takes courage. It's facing it afterward. Owning up to it, whether it's good or bad.” 
-Jessi Kirby, Golden

“Life isn’t about what you get, it’s about what you DO with what you get.” 
-Stephanie Perkins, Lola and the Boy Next Door




0 comments: