(Mini) ARC Review: Get Dirty

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments

Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil
Expected Publication Date: June 16th, 2015
Format/Source: eARC from Edelweiss. Thanks to EW and the publisher!
Rating: 4/5 stars
Part of a series? Yes! It is the second book in the Don't Get Mad duology. 
Goodreads / Preorder: Amazon - Barnes and Noble - The Book Depository

The members of Don’t Get Mad aren’t just mad anymore . . . they’re afraid. And with Margot in a coma and Bree stuck in juvie, it’s up to Olivia and Kitty to try to catch their deadly tormentor. But just as the girls are about to go on the offensive, Ed the Head reveals a shocking secret that turns all their theories upside down. The killer could be anyone, and this time he—or she—is out for more than just revenge.

The girls desperately try to discover the killer’s identity as their personal lives are falling apart: Donté is pulling away from Kitty and seems to be hiding a secret of his own, Bree is under house arrest, and Olivia’s mother is on an emotional downward spiral. The killer is closing in, the threats are becoming more personal, and when the police refuse to listen, the girls have no choice but to confront their anonymous friend . . . or die trying.

The first book in the duology, Get Even, ended with such a cliffhanger, the kind that left you with a burning need to know what happens next. So of course I was super excited when EW approved me for Get Dirty. Since it's also the conclusion to the series, I wasn't sure if I would like it as much as I liked the first one, but I totally did. It was pretty great. 

Series are hard to review without being spoilery, especially when they're the mystery/thriller type, so this review will be on the shorter side because I don't want to spoil anything. Moving on...

Get Dirty had all the things I liked about Get Even in it. The cast of characters is awesome and super diverse which adds to the awesome. The girls are all so different, but they still work as partners in crime, pun definitely intended, and best friends. And there are also a bunch of secondary characters from the first book that we get to know a little better in Get Dirty which was awesome. Another thing I liked was Gretchen's magneficent storytelling skills (DUH). She had me frantically flipping pages (er, swiping left because eARC reasons) because I absolutely needed to know what was going to happen. I even read in the middle of class, I was so enraptured. 

So here's the bottom line: If you read Get Even, you need Get Dirty when it releases. If you were planning on starting this series, do it soon so you can read Get Dirty when it comes out. Get Dirty is filled to the brim with twists and turns. Gretchen McNeil delivered an exciting, satisfying mystery that kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end. (There's also kissing and sass, if you're into that kind of thing.)






0 comments: