The High School Musical Book Tag

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments

I think book tags are a lot of fun, so I do them even though I don't get tagged to do them. I know that's not really how that works, but that's what I'm going to do SOOO... :)

I was looking for a summery tag to do since, ya know, summer is upon us, and nothing screams summer like High School Musical. My brain works in weird ways, I know. Anyway, here's how this tag works: each category is a song from one of the HSM movies, and I have to pick a book that meets the criteria. Sounds good? Okay! So without further ado, here's the High School Musical Book Tag!


1. The Start of Something New - A new favourite genre/author/series



I finished Dahlia's third book, Under the Lights (out 6/30/15), recently, and now I'm absolutely certain she is one of my new favorite authors. 

Other books by Dahlia Adler: Last Will and Testament - Behind the Scenes



2. What I've Been Looking For - A book that has everything you've ever wanted
Splintered by A.G. Howard


There are a couple of books I could have put for this category, but Splintered stood out to me. It's a retelling, which I love. There's beautiful prose and beautiful boys. The romance(s) is on point, as is the world-building. It's probably the most solid series beginner I've read. GAH. I love it.


3. Fabulous - A book with the biggest diva
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Jessamine Lovelace was a diva. Maybe not the biggest diva, but she was the first that came to mind. 

4. Status Quo - A stereotype defying character
Like Martha, who I adore. 
Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series. 
She's a school-obsessed girl that totally kicks butt. I heart her so hard. 

5. Boys Are Back - The best bromance

Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare 
Art by the incredible Cassandra Jean.
I love the way Jem and Will love each other. They're the ultimate brOTP.

6. What Time is it? - Your favourite summer read
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This book is so much fun, and it's super cute too. Basically the perfect summer read. 

7. Everyday - If you had to look at one book cover every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
JUST LOOK AT THE GORGEOUSNESS.

8. Just Wanna Be with You - A book you couldn't put down 

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I talk about this book all the time because it's my favorite book. I was totally sucked in the first time I read it. It's unputdownable.

9. Scream - A character that frustrated you 
I wasn't "Show up at school and dance in basketball rain in the middle of the night" frustrated, but still...
Riley from Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding

I talked about this more in depth in my review, but oh my goodness, I was constantly frustrated with Riley. 

10. High School Musical - Your favourite fictional school 
Hogwarts, from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. 
I mean, DUH.

11. Humuhumunukuapua'a - The most ridiculous book/scene/character you have ever read
Again, I talked about this in more detail in my review, but I will say that the book as a whole wasn't too ridiculous. There's just this scene at the end that was really off for me. 

12. Spring Musical Medley - The happiest ending
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
These characters definitely got their happily ever afters. Possibly the happiest of the ever afters. ;)

And there you have it! That's the end to my High School Musical tag! I tag Andrew @ Endlessly Reading, Willa @ Willa's Ramblings, Taherah @ Books As You Know It, and Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!, if you guys are interested! :) I had fun with it. Hope y'all do too!

0 comments: