August Wrap Up!

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments


Happy September, friends! Did August pass by quickly for you? It sure did for me. This month's wrap up could alternately be titled "The Month Serena Slacked on Reading and Blogging OOPS", and I'm so sorry about that. It's been absolutely crazy with the start of school, and preparations for our fall play, and my first AP classes, and concerts. I'm going to try to catch up on my reviews this weekend though! *crosses fingers*

Anywho, here's what happened this month!

Concerts:

I saw some pretty incredible women in concert this month: Christina Perri, Rachel Platten, and Colbie Callait on their Girls Night Out, Boys Can Come Too Tour, and Taylor Swift on her 1989 World Tour. Both shows were absolutely amazing. T-Swift and CP are two of my favorite artists. 

Christina Perri at the Greek Theatre in LA!
Taylor Swift at Petco Park in San Diego!
And now on to the bookish part of my month!


"Real" Book Challenge Books:

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson (My review here)

This puts me at 43 books towards my goal of 41-50! YAY, I'm ahead at something!

To find out more about this challenge, check out its home page!


I read zero books towards my 2015 TBR Challenge goal this month. *cries*

To find out more about this challenge, check out its home page!


Dive Into Diversity Books:


This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee (ARC review to come! Hopefully very soon.)

Non-challenge books:

Bounce by Noelle August

Notable August Posts: 



The bottom line is, it was a wonderful month for concerts in the world of Serena, but not much so for books. Hopefully September will be better. 

How was your August? Are you ready for September? Let me know!








0 comments: