The Taylor Swift Book Tag!

12:00 AM Serena 0 Comments

I found the Taylor Swift Book Tag on Jackie's blog a month or two ago, but I thought I'd save this post for a very special occasion. This post has been scheduled for ages, and I'm finally posting it now becauseee the release of Taylor's brand new album, 1989, is TODAY! YAY! I'm extremely excited about this album. I've only heard a couple songs, but I love it already. IT'S SO MUCH FUN. 

Okay, now back to the tag. This was originally a YouTube tag with ten songs/categories, but Kat from Katytastic added two extra songs and Emily at Books & Cleverness kind of adapted it into blog form. The tag goes like this: there are twelve categories, including the ones added by Kat, and each is named after a T-Swift song. Short instructions for each title give you criteria for a book or series to pair it with. Let's get to it!


1. We Are Never Getting Back Together
(Name a book or series that you thought you loved but later wanted to dump)

The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
I fell in love with this world in the first book, but once I got to the third book, I was kind of over it. I still really liked the characters and the whole idea of the society they lived in, I just didn't feel like the second and third books (especially the third OMG) were as good as I thought they'd be. 


2. Red
(Pick a book with a red cover)

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I adore this red cover and the book inside. Super cute and fluffy and happy. 

3. The Best Day
(Pick a book that makes you nostalgic)
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
This was one of the first, if not the first, contemporary YA novels I ever read. I read it about for years ago, and it kind of sparked my love for contemporaries. 


4. Love Story
(Pick a book with a forbidden love)
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
I know I talk about LWTO all the time, but I do it because it's incredible. The romance is between a black girl and a white girl during the time of segregation, so there's a crazy emotional roller coaster ride of a forbidden love happening here. 

5. I Knew You Were Trouble 
(Pick a book with a bad character you couldn't help but love)
Bellatrix Lestrange of the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
I don't really have an explanation for why I love Bella, I just kind of do. She may be one of my favorite villains of ever. 

6. Innocent
(Pick a book that someone spoiled the ending for)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
A friend of mine told me how it ended when I was about halfway through, and I was like "WHAT???". Not fun. 

7. Everything Has Changed
(pick a book with a character that goes through extensive character development)
Celaena Sardothien of the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas 
This series isn't over yet, but from the first book to the third book, I've definitely seen a change in Celaena, and it's made me like her a lot more which is great. 

8. You Belong With Me
(Your most anticipated book release)
I Was Here by Gayle Forman (January 27, 2015)
A couple of months ago, I showed up a little late to the party and read my very first Gayle Forman novel. And I loved it. Her writing is so good. SO good. So yeah, I'm excited for I Was Here because it sounds interesting and I want to read all the things by Gayle (still need to read Just One Day and Just One Year though!). 

9. Forever and Always
(Pick your favorite book couple) 
Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
and
Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
This one was HARD. Like, really insanely hard because I have many an OTP. So many cute couples exist in fiction, guys! But for me, these two are the cutest of all cute book couples ever. I love them tons and tons. 
Levi and Cath by Gillian @ theartofyoungadult on Tumblr
Anna and Etienne by leabhanlann on deviantART
10. Come Back, Be Here
(Pick the book you would least like to lend out for fear of missing it too much)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I have never ever lent this book out because if I did, I would not stop worrying about it until it was back in my possession because I waited about five hours in line to get it signed and it is one of my most prized possessions. Also, I would miss staring at it on my shelf because it's totally gorgeous. 

Bonus! 

11. Teardrops on My Guitar 
(Pick a book that made you cry a lot)
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Do I talk about this book a lot? I feel like a talk about this book a lot. Oops. Oh well! Anyway, there are many, many, many books I could put here because I am a huge book crier. I'd say I cry reading 1 in 3 books. But, man. Jellicoe Road broke me. This has been my favorite book for a while. So emotional and beautiful and amazing. 

12. Shake it Off
(Pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters) 
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
I get SO much crap for liking this series, but I don't care because I love it. Haters can leave. 


There's my Taylor Swift book tag that I actually wasn't tagged for (haha, oops?)! Hope you like it, and link your own TS tag down in the comments if you do one! 

0 comments: